Thursday, November 6, 2014

Shared Roll of Film with Carly from Zauberbear

If you didn't already know, I have a passion for film photography. It was incubated in a class I took during my first year of college, Black and White Photography 1. It was a magical experience of having 3 hours every Tuesday and Thursday to listen to music and create photos in the dark room. I wish I could go back, I might even this upcoming semester if it could miraculously fit into my schedule.

 Since there isn't a local darkroom and my college only allows you to use ours if you're currently paying for a photography class, my camera has sat collecting dust until my friend Carly from Zauberbear emailed me with an idea.


Carly wanted to double expose a roll of film with me. That means take two pictures on the same frame of film then develop the roll and view the results. Carly and I have never met in real life, I reached out to her for a blogging idea I had and we became friends that way. I'm also a huge fan of her blog, and I know she likes to read mine as well.

Sharing this roll of film, we got to mix both of our lives into individual pictures. It's a very intimate experience seeing her chickens next to my goofy friend Ed from work. It takes the magic of photography to a whole new level.









If you want to see some more of my film photography work check out my final project, or my favorites from the class.

Til Next Time!


2 comments:

  1. Ah, it's so nice to see these photos pop up again! I need to buy some printer ink so I can print them out to put up on my future photo wall. :) Thank you for doing this with me, it was such a cool project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was a really wonderful experience and I hope when we've both got some more time that we can do it again. Also a photo wall sounds like a great idea

      Delete