Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mini-Garden Tour

So it's been a while since I've shown off my little garden, since October actually. In that great expanse I have managed to acquire some new plants and lose/kill some old ones. Now that I have my own apartment though I really hope to expand it even more this summer. I just fear that during the winter they'll all die off unless I move them inside and when I move them inside....Marbles will try to eat them. 

She has a taste for flowers! She's a bad Marble. Now onto the actual plants!




A full view of the little door-side garden. This is the extent of my front porch. The purple petunias are the newest edition to the family, I named them Petunia, after Harry Potter's aunt.

This is my dinosaur planter. His plant was one of the ones that passed, so I transplanted one of the offspring of my big cactus, Smaug, into him.

Smaug himself. He's the plant I've managed to keep alive longest, not surprising 'cause he's a cactus. I did used to have another cactus though and unfortunately he didn't make it through some of the kids in the back of my apartment pulling him out by his roots. I didn't notice for a while (bad plant mommy!) but I rarely went out back unless it was to water him and since he was a cactus it wasn't that often. I still couldn't believe that kids would be stupid enough to pick up a cactus though...I know it was kids and not an animal cause they left a little toy car behind.

My succulent is unhappy I think. He seems to be stretching a lot and I'm not sure if that's healthy for it. There are little baby rosettes on the stem though, I need to try to plant those in new pots.

Then there's the rest of the succulents that I planted in my teacup planter. As hard as I worked on that DIY, its still having some issues and I actually really need to write up a post about it.

I love the radial symmetry of Smaug. He seems a lot happier since I plucked off the 10-15 mini cacti that were weighing him down. 

That's my little garden! I hope you enjoyed getting to see all my plant-babies. I hope to finally have my DIY for the week up tomorrow and then maybe a style post on Saturday. I've already risen to be one of the best people at my new job and they're consistently giving me more hours than I want. It's making finding time to blog hard. Oh well...I guess I can't be too upset about success. I feel very torn between making money right now and having the free time to earn the possibility to earn more money in the future.

Til Next Time!

6 comments:

  1. I love the black cat planter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! That's my favorite, I made it in ceramics in high school. It was supposed to be a pencil holder, but its so much cooler as a planter :)

      Delete
  2. Your dinosaur planter is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, the dino's name is Lenny, I can't believe I forgot to mention. I couldn't resist the "make a planter out of a plastic dino" trend!

      Delete
  3. I love that you named your plants! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Everything I care about gets a name, from my computer to my sewing mannequin. It helps me take care of them, because I have to mourn them if they die. Its almost a way of tricking myself into being responsible. XD

      Delete